Lower Back Pain Treatment At Advanced Chiropractic Wellness Center
The lower or lumbar spine is a strong but flexible structure that supports the upper body and aids bending and twisting movements of the waist and hips. But the lumbar spine can get injured resulting in acute or chronic lower back pain. While traditional medicine, e.g., painkillers treat the symptoms, chiropractic care at Advanced Chiropractic Wellness Center, in Frankfort, focuses on the cause of the pain to provide long-lasting relief.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
- Poor posture
- Lumbar herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease due to aging
- Spinal deformity, e.g., scoliosis
- Improper form when lifting heavy objects
- Injury or trauma due to a fall, accident, or sports
- Pinched or compressed lumbar spine nerve roots
- Repetitive use of muscles, e.g., a job that requires constant bending or twisting
- Medical conditions, e,g., osteoarthritis or spinal stenosis
- Pain that shifts around to the buttocks, hips, legs, or feet
- Sharp stabbing or dull aching pain
- Pain persists or is intermittent
- Difficulty bending or twisting
- Stiffness in the lower back
- Inflammation of surrounding tissue
- Pain worsens with prolonged standing or sitting
How Pain in the Lower Back is Diagnosed
The cause of pain in the lower back can be accurately diagnosed by Dr. Scott Stratton, our licensed chiropractor in Frankfort. A physical examination and various checks and tests are done to make a diagnosis. They include spinal palpations, and testing tension and flexion, reflex, and range of motion. Imaging tests such as x-rays or CT scans may also be done.
How Our Chiropractor Will Evaluate and Treat Your Pain
Lower back pain can worsen and result in reduced mobility or disability. Before designing a treatment plan, Dr. Stratton will consider your symptoms, lifestyle activities, work and sleep habits, posture, and medical history. Based on the diagnosis, one or more chiropractic treatments may be recommended.
Chiropractic care takes a natural and non-invasive approach to pain treatment. There is no medication or surgical procedures involved. Spinal adjustment is a technique that is commonly used and is effective in treating pain in the lower back.
It involves the use of state-of-the-art tools and techniques to realign the spine and relieve pressure on nerves and tissues. Manual techniques, e.g., massage therapy, also relieve pain and promote healing of musculoskeletal joints, bones, and soft tissue.
Schedule a Consultation for Back Pain Treatment
Severe pain in the lower back can affect your quality of life. The sooner you get treatment the sooner you can go back to doing the things you love—without the pain. Our expert chiropractor at Advanced Chiropractic Wellness Center, in Frankfort, has more than 30 years of experience providing chiropractic care. Call 815-464-6772 to book an appointment today and stop letting back pain ruin your life!