Sports Injury Chiropractic
Sports injuries can happen to both amateurs and professionals alike. They are particularly frustrating for athletes, not just because of the pain and discomfort they cause but because they likely limit participation in the sport they love. If sports injuries aren't treated promptly and properly, they can have long-lasting effects. With the growing concern of drug use in treating athletes, it is understandable that more active people are turning to natural chiropractic care for sports injuries. We invite you to learn more about sports injury treatment in Frankfort at Advanced Chiropractic Wellness. Not only can we effectively treat a variety of sports injuries, our chiropractic care can actually enhance performance.
Common Sports Injuries Seen by Our Sports Chiropractor
Our sports chiropractor, Dr. Scott Scranton, is experienced in treating a variety of common sports injuries. These common sports injuries include:
- Muscle pulls and strains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis or golf elbow
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Injuries to the neck and back
- Torn connective tissue
- Herniated discs
Advanced Chiropractic Wellness treats sports injuries using a variety of natural chiropractic techniques including chiropractic adjustments, Activator Method, Kinesiology, acupuncture, and lifestyle and nutritional counseling. These techniques seek to realign the neuromuscular system to facilitate proper healing and long-term pain relief. This is all accomplished without the use of surgery or pain medication.
Beyond Injury Care: Other Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
While chiropractic care for sports injuries is proven an effective treatment, there are other benefits to those who are active in sports and in life.
- Chiropractic care improves balance. When the body is in balance it performs better. This can help whether you play basketball, golf or run. Posture and balance are critical in athletics and Advanced Chiropractic Wellness can help with both.
- Helps prevent and minimize sports-related injuries. Like warming up and stretching, regular chiropractic care keeps soft tissue in the proper position, limber and ready for activity.
- Improves energy and stamina. Chiropractic care improves blood and energy flow. Many of our athlete patients report experiencing higher energy levels and better stamina through regular chiropractic care.
- Increases mobility. Regular chiropractic care can improve your mobility, helping you to maximize your performance whether you are playing golf, tennis, cycling, baseball, football or participating in any athletic activity.
- Chiropractic care for sports injuries shortens recovery time. Even when experiencing a sports-related injury, those who have received regular chiropractic care recover from those injuries sooner. Their muscles and soft tissue are easier to restore to proper alignment.
Make an Appointment with our Frankfort Chiropractor Today
Whether you've experienced a sports injury in Frankfort or are looking to enhance your performance, we invite you to discover the benefits of chiropractic care at Advanced Chiropractic Wellness. Call us at 815-464-6772 and make an appointment today. Our offices are located at 20550 South La Grange Road, Suite # 230 in Frankfort, IL. We invite you to make Advanced Chiropractic Wellness your primary natural health care provider. We have answers that others do not.